It’s been another busy year, and today let’s look back on all the best bits from the Baserow Community this year! I’ll start by sharing some reflections, and I hope you can join me in the comments below.
We are truly humbled by every single community member, partner, ambassador, subscriber, and follower that we have in the Baserow community. We’d like to thank each and every one of the 4,300 of you. Looking back, we know that our successes are the result of all of you—your questions, your feedback, your contributions, your tips—we are so glad you got involved in every way with us.
A special thanks to some of this years top community contributors:
@frederikdc, you posted 142 replies, assisting over 100 community members with their issues. It is impressive to see our users helping others.
@marcus, you shared over 20 new feature ideas. Your efforts to improve Baserow motivate us to ship new features even faster.
@Peter, you reacted 174 times with ‘’. Community reactions are important to us as they help us understand that you enjoy what we share and show support to others.
@claudiobalbino, you visited the Baserow community forum for 230 days in a year. We appreciate your loyalty and hope that each visit provides you with some value.
@shrey, you shared the most upvoted feature idea this year: row grouping. We value our users’ feedback and we couldn’t let this year end without implementing this feature. (In case you missed the news, row grouping is now live).
@joseph_appsmith, you shared one of the most valuable workarounds on how to create charts for Baserow data. Meanwhile, @IndieSellersGuild also shared highly valuable tips on how to update records with a form using ZERO code. Plus, @WilliamPorterTech’s tips on how to create attractive PDFs using Baserow data gained a lot of traction. Thank you all for sharing your experiences to help others. That’s our favorite part of the community contributions.
- Launched Baserow’s first community contest, uncovering numerous great use cases of how our users utilize Baserow. We loved learning about all the amazing ways you’re using our platform.
- Initiated the Ambassador program, connecting 17 of the most passionate Baserow enthusiasts who volunteer their time and expertise to lead local community chapters.
- Released your #3 most-voted product features — group by, UUID field type, and last modified by field type — to help you better organize data & collaborate in Baserow.
- Attended the No-code Summit 2023, we had the opportunity to discuss, share, and connect with 2,500 no-coders, including some of you from the community.
- Launched the Founder Chat initiative, giving you an insight into how we work internally and how we build Baserow.
- Made collaborations with AppSmith, Make, and ncScale to combine our powers and provide you with ‘extra’ value when using Baserow.
- Released the Baserow community page to make it easy for everyone to stay connected with us and define how Baserow community can be helpful for you.
- Did an insightful AMA session on automation with a top Certified Zapier Expert and #1 Zapier Community contributor.
Throughout the year, we conducted a few surveys to get your thoughts on your experience with the community and Baserow. Here are some important things we learned from you that we want to work on and make better in the next year:
More video guides. We couldn’t agree more, and together with two of our ambassadors, we have already started working on video tutorials that we’ll soon start publishing on our YouTube channel.
More practical understanding of how to use certain features. That’s also something we plan to address in 2024 by organizing webinars for newbies (the first one is scheduled for Jan 17th) and demos to show how to build advanced things with Baserow using specific features.
Hackathons and events for the community to collaborate and build something together. That was a challenge for me, but the first Baserow dev hackathon is also coming early in 2024.
Baserow has changed a lot during 2023, but there is one thing that will never change for us—the value of our community. You all help make Baserow “more than just a tool.” Here’s to an exciting new year ahead. Together, let’s continue to create amazing things with the power of Baserow.
If you have any highlights from this year or feedback, share your thoughts in the comments below.
Thank you for being a part of our year, we love you all so much!