Order list and form fields

First i made a table with fields Name - Issues - Role
Then i changed that to Name - Role - Issues by dragging the columns.

When i select the form it doesn’t display the order in which I changed the list but displays the order in which i started the list. See the sample below.

I think the form should display the order in which i changed the columns.

I see your point, but the order of the fields is unique per view. You can create multiple grid views and move the fields in a different order. The row edit modal is supposed to be independent from the views because it could (in the future) be opened from different places and not only the grid view. What would for example happen when you hide a field in the grid view, do you also expect it to be hidden in the modal?

From a technical point of view, we could modify the modal so that a preferred order can be provided upon opening, which would in case opened from the grid view, the order of fields there. But I’m not quite sure if we want to. Maybe we could have an order of fields in a table and respect that in the modal here.

What would you prefer as a user? Having a separate ordering of fields related to the table, that will basically allow you to drag and drop the fields in the modal independent of the field order in the grid view. Or respect the grid view ordering in the row edit modal.

Yes that is what i would expect to happen.

I tried to drag and drop the fields in the modal to see if i missed something but that didn’t work.
It could both be independent for each other. But i would guess there should be a possibility to change the order of the fields both in grid and in the modal.