Rollup unique linked fields?

Hi there,

I’d like to do a rollup on a lookup from a linked field so it only displays records that appear once (not each instance. I’d like to find something like ARRAYUNIQUE(values) in Airtable.

Is there a way to achieve that to prevent ugly columns like these?

Thx for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @gabrielle, unfortunately, it’s not currently possible. However, your suggestion to add ARRAYUNIQUE(values) to Baserow is a great idea. I’ve changed the category of your post to ‘Feature Ideas’ and will discuss this request with the team. :ok_hand:

Hello @gabrielle, we are going to add this function: ARRAYUNIQUE(values) function as formula function (#2232) · Issues · Baserow / baserow · GitLab. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. :pray:

1 Like

Awesome & looking forward! Will you add the other functions available in Airtable but not in Baserow for the Rollup field?

We have plans to add more functions to Baserow. Which ones do you find particularly useful?

Sorry for the late reply! I’d say all these:
AND
AVERAGE
COUNT
COUNTA
COUNTALL
MAX
MIN
CONCATENATE
ARRAYJOIN
ARRAYUNIQUE
ARRAYCOMPACT
ARRAYSLICE
OR
XOR

But most importantly, they should work on linked fields and lookup fields to be truly useful. Right now, I am quite limited in my use of the roll up function because of that. There are a number of things I can do easily in Airtable that don’t seem to wok in Baserow unfortunately.

2 Likes

Hi @olgatrykush,
Do you have an estimated ETA for these roll up functions?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey @gabrielle, apologies for missing your previous message. I’ll discuss the list you shared with the team. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Ditto the above - this is the last missing feature within a database table that I need to transition completely from Airtable.

1 Like