Type to add data in "link to table" fields

I might be missing something but whenever I create a link to table field and try adding data to it, I first have to press enter, then move my mouse to the search field, then input whatever data I need and then click on it to have it added to the field. My question is, is it (or will it be) possible to just start typing directly in the field and matching data appearing so that I can easily select it without having to leave the keyboard?

Thanks!!

Hello @ESMP, thanks for sharing your feedback. Just to clarify, you want to be able to add a field without the need to click on it first (as shown in the video), did I understand you correctly?

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (3)

At least from what I can see in the video, that is correct. After you search the record you want to input in the field, you have to click on it (the yellow one in this video). But also, it would be great if that “search” dialogue appeared as soon as I started typing the search term in the field instead of also having to click on the " + " sign or having to press enter first.

Got you, I’ll add these points as a feature request to discuss it with the team :raised_hands:

1 Like