Share what you are building with Baserow for your chance to win a 100$ gift card, Baserow goodies, and Premium Plan for 1 year šŸ§ž

Name - Siddharth Gupta

Role/Co - Student

link - here

description - Introducing ā€œRideBidā€, the revolutionary app-based cab company that allows both passengers and drivers to bid for a ride. With RideBid, passengers can easily post their desired destination, and drivers can place their bids for the ride. The passenger then has the ability to choose the best bid based on factors such as cost, driver ratings, and estimated time of arrival. This innovative approach to cab services ensures that both passengers and drivers are satisfied with the fare and the service, making for a more efficient and enjoyable experience. :grin:
("Iā€™m sorry, I canā€™t make a product video for you because Iā€™m terrible at making videos. In fact, if my videos were any worse, theyā€™d be a crime against humanity. :sob:)

Tagline - Experience the RideBid difference, every ride

Tools used - Baserow as backend . bubble as front end, Google Maps API, payment gateways, Kodular

Expected completion - October 23 (cause i am the only one building it :smiling_face_with_tear:)

1 Like

Hello :wave:
Name - Yash Kumar
Role - Student

Iā€™m using the self hosted version of baserow on my VPS for my app (video sharing platform) built using kodular. Letā€™s talk about my use case!

One of my baserow table - Purchases

:point_right: My app built from kodular creates a row here whenever someone makes an in-app purchase.

:sparkles:AUTOMATION

Iā€™m using pipedream free version for automation. Whenever a row is created, it triggers the webhook and then the same details are stored in my Google sheet & also I get a notification on my phone through telegram bot.

See screenshots here -
https://ibb.co/NT9sHfF
https://ibb.co/ZLnQwjs

The best thing about baserow is you can make hundreds of API request and that too even in the time-frame of milliseconds.

My app has thousands of users and working 24 X 7 because itā€™s a video sharing platform

The tools Iā€™ve used are - kodular, pipedream, telegram and google sheets.

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Hello @Siddharth, glad to see you decided to participate in the contest :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello @yashkumar, welcome to the Baserow community, and thanks for sharing your great app :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Name: Nic Peerson
Role: Systems Administrator (Iā€™m just the one who set up the database :stuck_out_tongue:)

Description: The Missing & Murdered in BC project is a database of in-depth profiles for unsolved cases in the province of ā€œBritish Columbiaā€. In our part of a world, thereā€™s a lack of faith in our investigative authoritiesā€™ diligence, and many are simply forgotten. Baserow has helped our small team efficiently consolidate information from various sources (public records, private print archives, social media, current news coverage, etc) and build clearer pictures of the many victims, both as a resource to aid the large online ā€˜true crimeā€™ communityā€™s investigations, and so that they may be remembered.
Tools: Currently everything is handled in baserow. Once the majority of the records are populated, baserow will be used as a data backend for a public website and the records will also be procedurally conformed to various standards for publishing on true crime forums and wikis.

1 Like
  1. Brian Schuster
  2. Software engineer
  3. Grid // Baserow
  4. I am building a web app (with mobile compatibility) to connect local farmers with local buyers. Itā€™s called Cropify and can currently be found at cropify.org for the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.
  5. Baserow, DigitalOcean, vanilla JavaScript, Node.js, HTML + CSS, n8n.io.
3 Likes

Hello @nicpeerson, thanks for sharing your Baserow story! Youā€™re running a socially important project, and we are glad to know that Baserow helps you with that.

1 Like

Hey @bgschust, thanks for your submission. I really like the idea of your app :raised_hands:

Do you use Baserow only to store data, or maybe you also use a form in Baserow to collect info from farmers like what they want to sell?

1 Like

Hi Olga, good question! I use Baserow for data storage and administration, but also the API has been enormously helpful, especially having multiple keys with different levels of access.

Cropify users can create and update their farm content through the interface connected to the Baserow API. :bookmark_tabs::herb:

3 Likes

Name: Abbas Gasri
Role: Student at Mā€™sila Univ and Android Apps Dev
Links: Link for the app // Grid Quiz
Description: An Educational app for Students of English that contains PDFs , Notes and other AI tools
Tools: Baserow + Google Firebase + Google Drive + Google Mlkit OCR + Speech Recognizer

3 Likes

Hi @Abbas, I see you are using Kodular to combine everything together.

1 Like

We make building custom API flows and integrating with no-code services like BaseRow, Memberstack and Outseta easy. Still, it can be challenging for non-technical users with no background in back-end development to know how to do things and in what order to do them. Abstracting the logic into a pretty UI is only part of the challenge.

With that in mind, we wanted to create a directory of prebuild flows (blueprints) that our users could explore before signing up for our product.

As a bootstrapped startup (2 founders) who had just launched after several years of development, we couldnā€™t go back to the basement and invest another month or two into developing a directory. So instead, we turned to no-code.

One of our claims is that Alphi lets anyone extend any tech stack, whether code or no-code, so it was the perfect opportunity to not only save time but also showcase how no-code can be plugged into a traditional tech stack.

Where does BaseRow come into this?

Rather than using our application database, we wanted to use an independent database that was easy to manage and scalableā€”allowing us to iterate quickly without migrations and maintaining an admin UI layer.

BaseRow ticked both boxes; the fact it uses PostgreSQL under the hood with the option to self-host lets me sleep easy.

The final part of the project was hooking up the database to the front-end. As the directory sits on our marketing site (for SEO benefits), we decided to migrate our marketing site over to WeWeb, a no-code website builder that uses Vue under the hood. For the middleware, we used Alphi to fetch, format and cache the data.

Summary

Rather than extending our core application, we built an MVP in around five days using BaseRow as the database. A second benefit is that as we expand our team, we can pass management of the directory over to new hires who do not have the technical knowledge to interact with our core tech stack.

In 2023 we plan to add more flows to the directory and convert it into a marketplace where verified users can share their flows with the community.

Disclaimer: The cloning functionality is done within the core application.

• Tools used: Baserow + WeWeb + Alphi
2 Likes

Name: Luc
Role: I make make software tools to assist with language learning. I have several Anki addons that I maintain, you can read more about it here: https://languagetools.anki.study/
Description: This project, which I call Vocab.Ai, is an online spreadsheet specialized in language-learning. The spreadsheet portion is of course powered by Baserow. My previous project required me to develop a backend (python module + flask API) which unifies a number of cloud language APIs, such as text to speech, translation, transliteration and dictionary lookup. I wanted to make the capabilities of this backend available in an online spreadsheet, this led me to search for online spreadsheet components, and thatā€™s how I found baserow. The logical thing was to connect by backend to Baserow. I started with a fork of Baserow, and later converted by project to a plugin, which makes it MUCH more maintainable. Iā€™m very happy about the plugin system.
Baserow table:
In the screenshot below, the ā€œFrench Sentencesā€ is the input column, containing french text. The ā€œEnglish Translationā€ column is automatically generated, either in bulk when the user adds the column, or row by row, as the user enters new text in ā€œFrench Sentencesā€. It uses the DeepL translation service, but others are available. All thanks to the the power of custom field types.

https://app.vocab.ai/public/grid/jAwakMp8_NinDcpKMY4gGM4dUNpqmxY-MemZVaHUvvE
You can sign up on the VocabAi baserow instance here: https://app.vocab.ai
Video: hereā€™s a tutorial video explaining how to enable Chinese transliteration: Vocab.Ai: how to automatically generate Pinyin from Chinese text - YouTube
Tools used: The main components are of course baserow, and my language processing backend which I call cloud language tools. The code for my plugin is licensed under GPL: GitHub - Language-Tools/baserow-vocabai-plugin: VocabAi - plugin for Baserow database
itā€™s unfortunately not trivial to deploy, because you need API keys for the various cloud services such as Azure, Google, and those cost money and are not easy to setup. If thereā€™s interest, I could create a ā€œfree-onlyā€ version of my plugin for those who just want the free services (like Libre Translate translation).

2 Likes

Hi There,

Bit of a late one from me and I was going to post a different project but I am not comfortable with sharing too much of the content yet so here is something new that others may find useful.

1. Your name
Jon

2. Your role and what company you work for (optional)
Community Engineer for n8n

3. Link to a Baserow table (view access) or/and a screenshot
Public Gallery View - https://baserow.io/public/gallery/ZIUxwjmHzRyrYjYdCJZoFbXZTVaZWKS3HWWMdie9P3Y

4. Short description or a 1ā€“3 minute video overview of your use case
I find that when browsing Github I star a lot of things that I think might be useful or things I want to use as inspiration when looking into something new. I currently have around 460 projects that I want to put into nice categories like community nodes, data visualisation, no / low code, authentication, research and things like that.

What I have done is created an n8n workflow that loops over my starred items then checks Baserow to see if it already exists and from there either updates or adds it to my table. The next step in this would be to add an item to my ToDoist list to remind me to set a tag for the item.

5. Tools you used
Baserow (of course)
n8n
ToDoist (in the future)

1 Like

Hey @0xJJW, thanks for sharing your project! 2nd link (app link) doesnā€™t work for me, can you please check it out?

Thank you for the heads up. I included ā€œhttps://ā€ twice. The link should now work. :slight_smile:

Hey @yashkumar, I cannot open the screenshots youā€™ve added, can you check out what the problem is about?