Share what you are building with Baserow for your chance to win a 100$ gift card, Baserow goodies, and Premium Plan for 1 year 🧞

UPDATE: Submission of entries is now closed!

We want to thank everyone for participating in this contest and sharing your awesome Baserow stories! We are now closing the submission of entries but, please stay tuned for the announcement of our winner on Feb 7, 2023.

Meanwhile, make sure to vote for the best use cases by ‘reacting’ to the submissions you find the most inspiring and/or interesting (if you haven’t yet). We will rely on the community’s choice while picking up a winner.

Hello Baserow community!

Today, we’re kicking off the first Baserow community contest — “Made With Baserow”.

Who doesn’t feel inspired by a good use case? Show us what you are building using Baserow, and become a glowing inspiration to the team and other talents in the community.

What is the contest about?

The main goal of the contest is to discover the ways people are using Baserow. We are on the lookout for ideas and insights around new ways of working with the database. From first-time database creator to a pro builder, we invite you all to participate and share your Baserow story.

Examples

So whether you’re using Baserow as your CRM, project management system, or as a means to power your website — share it. You have an automation set having Baserow as part of the chain — share it. You are an entrepreneur managing a team in Baserow — share it. You plan events, business OKRs, or keep track of expenses in Baserow — share it. This is a call out for all possible — technical and non-technical — use cases for Baserow, alone or in combination with other tools.

Contest details

To enter, please add a comment to this thread with the following details:

1. Your name
  2. Your role and what company you work for (optional)
  3. Link to a Baserow table (view access) or/and a screenshot
  4. Short description or a 1–3 minute video overview of your use case
  5. Tools you used

Please keep in mind, your template must be in English, and have been created and designed using Baserow alone or as a part of the technology stack.

Timing

Submission period: Jan 10 - Jan 30
Voting and reviewing: Jan 31 - Feb 6
Winner announced: Feb 7

Voting and prizes

Team choice: submissions will be assessed based on the use case innovation, creativity, and the number of likes under the comment section here in the community forum.

Grand prize: box with Baserow goodies, 1 year of free Baserow Premium plus a Tremendous gift card for 100 USD (Virtual Visa International card). Optionally, as an alternative to the Tremendous gift card, we can send you an Open Collective gift card, so that you can donate the money to support the open source community.

FAQ

How to leave a comment on this thread?
First of all, you need to register. After you created an account, click on the ‘Reply’ button under this post and publish your use case.

Can I send more than one submission?
Members can submit more than one use case.

How to understand if my use case is eligible for the contest?
If Baserow is a part of your use case, feel free to participate and share it.

We’ll also showcase the winning entrees on Baserow’s social media channels so the world can see all the great things you are building.

Now let’s get the party started! We can’t wait to see all your submissions :blue_heart:

Note! By participating in the contest, you agree that your submission may be published and used for promotional activities by Baserow.

5 Likes
  1. Frederik Duchi

2. Lecturer and Researcher at Howest in Belgium

3. Table and gallery: Grid // Baserow and Gallery // Baserow

4. Description: the application stores a Telegram group chat in a Baserow table. The goal is to allow students to automatically build their project file based on their conversations. Check a demo at Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

5. Tools: Telegram app + Make + Baserow

1 Like

Thank you for your amazing submission @frederikdc :raised_hands:

I was wondering who would go first, that is pretty sweet I really like the idea of having something that archives and sorts project messages so they can be filtered later.

A post was split to a new topic: Base-smith: Mobile CRUD App for Baserow data, built in Appsmith

• Name: Joseph Petty
  • Role/Company: Developer Relations Engineer at Appsmith
  • App Link: Baserow Explorer
  • Description: Generate charts from Baserow data, by selecting any column for the x and y axis, then choose Total, Average or Count, and select a chart type.
  • Tools used: Baserow + Appsmith, and a few JavaScript nuggets

2023-01-21 13.35.25

2 Likes

Looks great @joseph_appsmith! A lot of community members have been looking for ways how to visualize their data stored in Baserow, thanks for sharing your app :raised_hands:

Name: Frederik Duchi
Role: Lecturer and Researcher at Howest in Belgium
Links: Ingredients, Recipes, Form to add ingredients, Meals
Description: A base with nutrition information that allows to create recipes and count your daily calories. The frontend is developed in Retool. I use the formula field type to calculate the amount of calories and a pre-filled form to enter a new recipe. Check a demo at Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom
Tools: Baserow + Retool

1 Like

That’s a great nutrition database @frederikdc, thanks for sharing this use case :slightly_smiling_face:

Name - Siddharth Gupta

Role/Co - Student

link - here

description - Introducing “RideBid”, the revolutionary app-based cab company that allows both passengers and drivers to bid for a ride. With RideBid, passengers can easily post their desired destination, and drivers can place their bids for the ride. The passenger then has the ability to choose the best bid based on factors such as cost, driver ratings, and estimated time of arrival. This innovative approach to cab services ensures that both passengers and drivers are satisfied with the fare and the service, making for a more efficient and enjoyable experience. :grin:
("I’m sorry, I can’t make a product video for you because I’m terrible at making videos. In fact, if my videos were any worse, they’d be a crime against humanity. :sob:)

Tagline - Experience the RideBid difference, every ride

Tools used - Baserow as backend . bubble as front end, Google Maps API, payment gateways, Kodular

Expected completion - October 23 (cause i am the only one building it :smiling_face_with_tear:)

1 Like

Hello :wave:
Name - Yash Kumar
Role - Student

I’m using the self hosted version of baserow on my VPS for my app (video sharing platform) built using kodular. Let’s talk about my use case!

One of my baserow table - Purchases

:point_right: My app built from kodular creates a row here whenever someone makes an in-app purchase.

:sparkles:AUTOMATION

I’m using pipedream free version for automation. Whenever a row is created, it triggers the webhook and then the same details are stored in my Google sheet & also I get a notification on my phone through telegram bot.

See screenshots here -
https://ibb.co/NT9sHfF
https://ibb.co/ZLnQwjs

The best thing about baserow is you can make hundreds of API request and that too even in the time-frame of milliseconds.

My app has thousands of users and working 24 X 7 because it’s a video sharing platform

The tools I’ve used are - kodular, pipedream, telegram and google sheets.

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Hello @Siddharth, glad to see you decided to participate in the contest :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello @yashkumar, welcome to the Baserow community, and thanks for sharing your great app :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Name: Nic Peerson
Role: Systems Administrator (I’m just the one who set up the database :stuck_out_tongue:)

Description: The Missing & Murdered in BC project is a database of in-depth profiles for unsolved cases in the province of “British Columbia”. In our part of a world, there’s a lack of faith in our investigative authorities’ diligence, and many are simply forgotten. Baserow has helped our small team efficiently consolidate information from various sources (public records, private print archives, social media, current news coverage, etc) and build clearer pictures of the many victims, both as a resource to aid the large online ‘true crime’ community’s investigations, and so that they may be remembered.
Tools: Currently everything is handled in baserow. Once the majority of the records are populated, baserow will be used as a data backend for a public website and the records will also be procedurally conformed to various standards for publishing on true crime forums and wikis.

1 Like
  1. Brian Schuster
  2. Software engineer
  3. Grid // Baserow
  4. I am building a web app (with mobile compatibility) to connect local farmers with local buyers. It’s called Cropify and can currently be found at cropify.org for the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.
  5. Baserow, DigitalOcean, vanilla JavaScript, Node.js, HTML + CSS, n8n.io.
3 Likes

Hello @nicpeerson, thanks for sharing your Baserow story! You’re running a socially important project, and we are glad to know that Baserow helps you with that.

1 Like

Hey @bgschust, thanks for your submission. I really like the idea of your app :raised_hands:

Do you use Baserow only to store data, or maybe you also use a form in Baserow to collect info from farmers like what they want to sell?

1 Like

Hi Olga, good question! I use Baserow for data storage and administration, but also the API has been enormously helpful, especially having multiple keys with different levels of access.

Cropify users can create and update their farm content through the interface connected to the Baserow API. :bookmark_tabs::herb:

3 Likes