General questions about Baserow specific plugin development

Hi guys!

I would like to know how do I create a plugin in Baserow.

• How do I create a plugin in Baserow?
  • Is there any documentation on how to create a plugin in baserow?

Initial considerations
1. If you all can answer this question. I’ll be happy for any answer.
2. I wrote it here because I don’t think of creating a specific topic for this, I think this question is general and it would be interesting to ask here initially.
3. If I’m wrong, I apologize for any inconvenience.
4. Perhaps moving this topic to a specific topic would be interesting or not.
5. Initially I think of developing a plugin to generate graphs in baserow through python: “Graphic mode in Baserow” with python-baserow-client, plotly or develop more specific plugins like: Using the Baserow api to import tasks from a txt file(todo.xt), Export baserow data as csv, Import information from bookmarks for Baserow with python

Hello @anon59363363, we have some documentation on creating plugins available here Introduction // Baserow.

Our community member, @lucw created the first Baserow plugin, which is open-sourced, and you might want to check it out. Here is the link to the Baserow to Anki flashcards import plugin and its GitHub repository.

1 Like

Hi, what sort of plugin are you looking to create ? the starting point should be the baserow docs. But if you give me more details about what you’re trying to achieve I can help out.

1 Like

Hi @lucw, how are you?

Initially, I’m trying to create a plugin that imports a todo.txt file into Baserow. Could I create a plugin in baserow to make this work? I say that, from the point of view, the Baserow API allows this, does it allow the upload of specific files?

What you are asking for is possible, however let me ask you the following questions:

• are you creating the todo.txt file yourself ? if yes, why not directly start inputting your tasks in baserow ?
  • would a separate tool communicating with the baserow API work ? it would be much simpler technically.
  • can you describe what you’re trying to do overall ? there are lots of ways to integrate with baserow, but creating a plugin is not the easiest, it requires development knowledge, so maybe there’s an easier way.
1 Like

Hi guys,

Thanks for the information here, this is of great help for me.

yes, yes. but that’s what I did, see this: Using the Baserow api to import tasks from a txt file(todo.txt)

I created an algorithm that does this, but I would like to create a specific plugin for this.